Tuesday, September 8, 2009

All-Star Interviews

Hi folks. Things have been a bit hectic here at OWARI HQ and I've been too buried under pressing matters to compose a proper post for this blog. We'll talk more about that next time, but meanwhile, let's look at something fun.

One of my favorite comic book series of all time is the Justice Society strip which ran in the 1970s incarnation of All-Star Comics and later in Adventure Comics. I caught it at just the right time in my development, and it's not too far-fetched to say that it was and is a strong influence on much of what I have read and written in the intervening years. I should review it one day. For now, we'll read about it.

The following interviews were conducted by Roy Thomas and originally appeared (as noted) in the pages of Alter Ego Vol. 3 #14. They have since also turned up in Roy's All-Star Companion Vol.3, a worthy book in a worthy series that I highly recommend.

The 1970s Justice Society Revival-All-Starring the Original Cast!


Sad to say, Mr. Estrada has passed away since his interview. Just another reminder why it's important to record the experiences of the old pros before they leave us forever.

No comments:

Post a Comment