Saturday, March 8, 2014

Saturday Sneak Preview!

Daddy's had a hard week, kiddo. With this losing an hour business tonight, I'm not sure I'm up to tackling anything that's on my "to blog" list. And yes, I have such a list. Hush.

Anyway, in lieu of writing something new, here's an excerpt of something I've been working on for entirely too long. I'm editing it and about to send it off shortly. What's it for? Wait and see.

Let's not forget, this is a Godzilla movie at heart. Godzilla gets some choice moments, and the heretofore unexplored Godzilla/Rodan feud takes center stage for a bit. (OK, they had never been in a movie together prior to this – details!) The “banter” between these two is another reason I love this film so much. This movie also marks the beginning of the “face turn” for these two well-established monster heels. But really, they are playing tweeners, and while GHIDRAH simplifies things perhaps a bit TOO much (...what about all the casualties they caused?), it can be forgiven since no one expects that level of deep thinking in escapist entertainment. Or shouldn't.

No comments:

Post a Comment