Thursday, December 15, 2016

Don't Call It A Comeback


I guess I owe an explanation. When I said goodbye to this blog in January, I had every intention of it being permanent. I only hedged my bets on that because that's how I am. But I really didn't see any point in continuing and figured that was it.

A funny thing happened along the way. No, I didn't miss the blog. In fact, I kept up the sidebar just as I promised and checked in periodically. It was worse than misplaced nostalgia. I had wanted to concentrate on other things and gradually found myself doing...well, basically nothing for me.

I re-activated this blog with one mission only - get back to writing at least something every once in awhile. Even if all it is turns out to be an explanation of why I'm blogging. No more filler posts just to hit a quota that exists only in my head. It doesn't even matter if there's an audience, and, in fairness, that had diminished even before I hung out a CLOSED sign. This exists mostly to keep me in practice. If you want to read it, I welcome you.

Already, this has paid some dividends. I completed a couple of projects that I'm not sure would have gotten finished 6 months ago. I'm still waiting for one to become "official" and the other one is unfortunately stuck in limbo for the foreseeable future. No matter. I'm back in the game, at least for the time being.

It's not a comeback because I never really went away. But damn, it still feels good.

No comments:

Post a Comment