Saturday, August 29, 2009

He Moves In Mysterious Ways

One night, my blogger-in-arms Igadevil and I were discussing the TV series JOHNNY SOKKO AND HIS FLYING ROBOT for reasons that are now obscure. If you've seen this 1960s Japanese series, you may recall that the intrepid heroes are agents for a group dubbed "Unicorn". Carrying this theme a bit further, Unicorn's agents all have designations like "U3" (Jerry Mano) and "U7" (Johnny). Iga found himself wondering during our conversation - who was the unseen U2? I gave what I thought was the obvious answer.

Now, I want to live long enough to see someone draw a picture of Bono in a Unicorn uniform.

(Tip of the hat to Igadevil & Kazekage for contributing ideas to this entry!)

2 comments:

  1. Please tell me that they have a U-boat to travel around in too!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That, I don't remember. However! In lieu of saluting, they snap their fingers at each other. It's pretty rad.

    I think the JOHNNY SOKKO episodes that were released on VHS are available for legal download via iTunes. Try one out and see if you enjoy it!

    ReplyDelete