Tuesday, February 2, 2010

Future Girls, Knights, And Vikings, Oh My

Say, remember this? It turns out IDW Publishing is putting out a Jetta hardcover in 2010! It was included with their solicitations for February, so you should probably keep your eyes peeled starting now if that sort of thing sounds like your speed. Here is the cover, as it appears on Craig Yoe's website. I never expected to see another Jetta book, but there it is.

DC Comics also has a couple of interesting hardcovers due soon that we haven't discussed here yet. The first is a compilation of the almost-legendary Atomic Knights strip. Set in the post-WWIII Earth of 1986 (!), this John Broome/Murphy Anderson collaboration features some solid storytelling and beautiful art. Plus, there is no shortage of wackiness. I mean, the Knights ride giant dalmatians like horses! This book is due May 19. Here is the official DC Comics listing for it.

And then, as if that wasn't awesome enough, one month later comes a hardcover of The Viking Prince! This is some wonderful fantasy pencilled and inked by Joe Kubert, with stories by Robert Kanigher and my hero Bob Haney. I'm not a huge sword & sorcery fan, but I have a soft spot for the titular Prince Jon. This series was even explicitly homaged in an episode of the JUSTICE LEAGUE UNLIMITED cartoon. It's just that good. Plus, it will be including the Viking Prince's meeting with Sgt. Rock. How can that not be fun? This book is set for June 30. You know I have a DC Comics site link for it, too.

I can't guarantee that you are going to love all of these books, but they are on my short "to buy" list. Take that as a recommendation if you will!

No comments:

Post a Comment