Sunday, February 21, 2010

If The Internet Had Existed 75 Years Ago

RENFIELD4EVA! - I was wondering if I could get some honest feedback on my Boris Karloff/Bela Lugosi RPS. NO FLAEMZ PLZ!
Frank Meriwell's Brother - WOAH! I'd rank it right up there with that AU N/C fic where King Kong made it back to Skull Island with the girl. It's just that good!
AnnDarrowFan - C'mon now dude, that Kong story lacked credibility on the most basic level. Do you honestly think that crack pilots could miss a gorilla that size? And then that the gorilla could do a perfect swan dive off the Empire State Building into the ocean *with* Ann in his paw? I mean, the whole thing was TOTALLY unbelievable. Anyway, I haven't read the Karloff/Lugosi story yet, but I will try to next week.

++

emo surrealist - I was listening to some of my Al Jolson records today. Man, I'm so disappointed in him. He used to be one of my favorites, but he hasn't released anything in awhile. What's up with that?
Kid Katzenjammer - Jolson is just another example of an artist who lost something when he became too popular. He's a sellout and I'm ashamed to say I was once a fan.

++

scruffy urchin - I CAN'T BELIEVE THIS!!!!!!! Billy wanted to go to the store and asked me to tag along with him. While we were there, Billy swiped an apple and Old Man Clancy spotted him. He yelled at us, so we ran! Billy got away, but I got caught! I didn't even do anything and now Old Man Clancy says I have to pay him a dollar for all the apples that have gone missing in his shop! WHERE AM I SUPPOSED TO GET THAT KIND OF MONEY?????
I_AM_DRACULA - Bummer! I'll tell you what I was thinking though. We could set up a thread where people could donate money to you via Paypal to help out. In fact, I took the liberty of sending you three whole cents just a minute ago. ;)

++

Jor-L - Hi fellas, my name is Jerry and my pal Joe and I have gotten together to create an exciting new adventure character. It's top secret stuff right now, but I was wondering if anyone would be interested in hearing more about our idea.
The Major - Greetings Jerry, and welcome to the board. You might find this hard to believe, but I have just started my own publishing company. It is devoted to the new type of magazine called "comic books." The difference in my periodicals is that they will feature ALL NEW material. I am a published author in addition to being a veteran, so I have an "eye" for talent. Please drop an e-mail to me (my addy is in my profile) because I would like to discuss this new character. Who knows? Perhaps you and Joe have created "the next big thing!"

++

LoneRanger803 - OK, wrestling question this time. Who do you think would win in a fight between Frank Gotch and Strangler Lewis?
Man O' Bronze - Gotta give it to Gotch. He would own Lewis, no doubt.
Ask Me About Physical Culture - You forgot George Hackenschmidt and Stanislaus Zbyszko.
emo surrealist - Um, you know, my old man says wrestling is fixed.
LoneRanger803 - DON'T BE A H8R!!!!!!1!!!111!!

++

Morlock Man - You know what I liked? The movie METROPOLIS. What a great film!
The Scientifictioneer - OMG WTF YOU LIKE THAT OLD SKOOL SH!T??????

++

TalkiesAreTheDevil - Guys, you will *not* believe this! First, they throw talking into our movies and RUIN them! NOW, I am hearing word that filmmakers are thinking of making more and more films in COLOR! Ugh! Don't they understand that this will destroy the purity and integrity of film? Color will make everything look unnaturally bright and unrealistic and will distract from the stories and performances. Everyone will get so hung up on the latest color techniques that we will lose sight of what we all LOVE about going to the movies. I have set up an online petition against color films and I hope everyone here will sign it! Save the classics!
Chaney Rulez! - ...The hell is up with those guys? I signed, but I wouldn't worry too much about it. Color = Fad. Bank on it.

++

TheHorrorInsider - Through my special sources, I just found what are apparently early still photos from the next Dracula film. Check the link.
RENFIELD4EVA! - Oh no...no. He's so UGLY. The bald head, the pointy ears. What are they thinking? Dracula is supposed to hew to a very specific design and this isn't it. I am SO afraid of this one now.
Varney The Vampire - Uh, guys? Those are pictures from the first filmed version of DRACULA, the 1922 NOSFERATU. That's Max Schreck as Count Orlock. It's definitely not from any new Dracula film.
I_AM_DRACULA - Varney's right, that's definitely NOSFERATU there.
TheHorrorInsider - Sorry guys.
scruffy urchin - But TheHorrorInsider is never wrong.

++

Colin Clive Is God - I just got back from a screening of BRIDE OF FRANKENSTEIN (phear me, for I am 1337). All I can say - ELSA LANCHESTER IS HAWT!
Im-Ho-Tep Rising - Man, true. I saw it and she is definitely teh sex.

++

The Shadow Is Love - Anyone pick up the new issue of THE SHADOW yet?
Hugo Danner - I did, and I was very disappointed. I have every issue since the very first one and this was, without a doubt, the least involving issue by a WIDE margin. IMHO, Maxwell Grant is losing it. If this keeps up, I may have to drop the title. I don't care if there is talk of adapting it into a radio series.

++

Franz Gruber - Hey everyone, n00b here! I live in Germany and I am a big genre fan. I get to see all the latest stuff because my dad is friends with our country's leader. What do you guys think of Adolf Hitler?
EVERYONE - GODWIN'S LAW!

2 comments:

  1. I love this. didn't Iga do one similar to it re: Japanese stuff?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks!

    Igadevil did some entries on his blog wherein he "asked the experts" on some topics. That is the only thing I can think of offhand that was similar.

    ReplyDelete