Thursday, December 9, 2010

A Few Fire-Based Golden Age Heroes

I was doing a little research earlier for a project of mine, and I thought it would be fun to include a few links to characters that fit the title description.

I'm not exactly sure why I have an affinity for vintage fire characters, but I do. Even among their 1930s and 40s brethren, they stand out to me and I go, "Yeah!" It's a dynamic visual, that's for sure.

The most famous fire hero is probably the Human Torch. However, he wasn't even the first. That MAY (and I stress may because I am no historian on such matters) have been the Flame. Man, I love his look.

Other worth mentioning are Pyroman (not actually flame-based!) and Wildfire. All of these guys have found their way into my work, as have the first couple of incarnations of Firebrand. But if you've been paying attention, you can probably tell.

2 comments:

  1. I did say a "few". I also left out Fiery Mask!

    (Originally, it was just supposed to be characters who controlled fire, but that got away from me toward the end.)

    ReplyDelete