Thursday, March 24, 2011

My Writer's Brain

I haven't been here for a couple of days, as you might have noticed. I've been writing though. Oh man, have I been writing!

See, I developed a plot for a story not too long ago. It was an idea that had been kicking around for a number of months, and now I had something more defined to go with rather than just that simple idea. The more I thought about it, the more I felt as if I HAD to write this story.

There's one problem - I'm not sure what I can do with this story. For reasons I'm not inclined to discuss, I can't exactly post it here. Should I turn it into another book? This is workable, and I'm weighing my options there. However, even this course of action is one that might not be feasible beyond a limited audience. And yes, I mean more limited than my current audience! The story is done, and I'm fairly happy with the results, but it's bittersweet.

If I knew all this going in, why did write it? See above - I had to. It wouldn't leave my brain otherwise. There hasn't been any posting here because I was focused on completing this story, just so I could know that I had expressed it in some form. I've had a lot of difficulty sleeping recently, and I chalk that up to how much I've given to finishing this story. That's right, a story that probably will not be read by a lot of people.

As I said, the story is done now. I have one or two trusted folks that will definitely get to read it, and I'll be listening to their opinions on both its merits and its future. For now, however, I am just looking forward to getting some sleep.

No comments:

Post a Comment