Thursday, March 31, 2011

Godzilla vs. A Big Dog

Here's an obscurity for you. How many of you folks remember the Harvard Lampoon People Parody from 1981? I got a copy new off the stands, but it has subsequently disappeared/fallen apart in the intervening 30 years. As a result, I can't tell you a lot about it.

One enduring memory I DO have is that one of the fake movie reviews is for the non-existent GODZILLA VS. A BIG DOG. There was even a Godzilla photo, which was one of the familiar post-1954 shots (I can't tell you which one off the top of my head). All I remember with any degree of certainty is that the primary gag of this review was that Roger Moore took over the role of Godzilla in the film. I seem to recall that it credited him with injecting Bond-like quips into the part, such as "I'd like mine plane!" as he chowed down on a jet.

It has been ages and ages since I've read this magazine. An online search for "Godzilla vs. A Big Dog" came up empty. I don't recall this coming up in Godzilla fandom (though I am sure it must have at some point during the last 18 years). Does anyone out there have a scan of the "Godzilla vs. A Big Dog" movie review?

No comments:

Post a Comment