Saturday, April 28, 2012

The Fickle Finger Of Doctor Fate, Addendum

In reading my last installment on the Golden Age Doctor Fate, I noticed that I brought up the return of older villains Mr. Who and the Clock as "evidence" of something. However, I never quite connected the dots as far as what that something was. This is one of those times when something made so much sense in my head, but never made it into the text.

Basically, I have the feeling that the Doctor Fate stories in More Fun Comics #89, #91, and #92 are inventory scripts which were written and purchased prior to the strip's change of direction in #85. With a few minor changes, they were slotted onto the schedule well after they should have been written off. I won't hazard a guess as to why, but it is telling that after these stories, Fate was de-emphasized before finally being phased out entirely after #98.

No comments:

Post a Comment