Tuesday, May 1, 2012

Curt Koorey Is On The Air!


This may be one of my stranger commissions, at least in terms of subject matter.

So Sean Moore started a sale yesterday offering B&W bust commissions for the princely sum of five dollars apiece. Well, I figured that would be cool, so I nabbed two of them early. There's still one slot left, if this sounds like a deal to you.

Trouble was, who to have as the subjects? Well, one of them will surprise no one, but that's coming later. For the other, I tossed around various ideas until I was seized by the spirit of whimsy.

It's no secret I'm a fan of Casey Kasem. So much so, there's a parody of him running around the Owariverse. His name is Curt Koorey (and that surname is very deliberately Lebanese, like Kasem). I thought it would be fun to have Sean do a "Curt Koorey" pic and just linked him to a Google Image Search for Casey. I did caution, however, that he didn't have to sweat getting the likeness too close.

Wouldn't you know it? The guy goes ahead and hits the caricature aspect right out of the park!

Oh, and a belated HAPPY 80TH BIRTHDAY to Mr. Casey Kasem himself! He hit that milestone on April 27th, and I hope that he's enjoying his golden years.

No comments:

Post a Comment