Monday, November 11, 2013

Hello It's Me



If a person can be labeled both a "rock star" and "obscure" at the same time, Todd Rundgren would fit the bill. He's an amazing singer and musician, as songs like "Hello It's Me", "I Saw The Light", "Bang The Drum All Day" and "We Gotta Get You a Woman" ably demonstrate. He's been an integral part of bands like the Nazz, Utopia, and the New Cars. He produced records like Grand Funk's We're An American Band and Meat Loaf's Bat Out of Hell. He guest-starred on the first episode of THAT 70s SHOW, and was the man Liv Tyler thought was her father for the first few years of her life. Yet Todd Rundgren is not someone the general public remembers when it comes to "Classic Rock" legends. And that is a shame.



I never intended El Beardo's "takeover" of this blog to last a week. Things have come up that kept me from updating - including a couple of instances of my Internet going down for more than a few minutes. I need to regroup after some of those other things kept me from concentrating on subjects worthy of inclusion here. But fret not, OWARI is still open for business!

No comments:

Post a Comment