As it turns out, it has been almost precisely one year since we launched this little blog. Time flies, no? I look back on that tentative first entry, and realize things have evolved a bit since that day. Mainly, the LiveJournal hasn't gone away, but it has been increasingly de-emphasized to the point that I consider its continued existence an afterthought. For better or worse, this blog is now the go-to place for my latest written pieces.
I like to think that's for the better. I am not shy about recycling material if I think I can find a new audience for it, but I've tried to create enough of a mix here to keep everyone on their toes. I doubt I please everyone all of the time. Heck, I only rarely please myself! But I have tried to make this blog someplace interesting and unique. I know I've been having a good time making it.
Since I started this thing, I've added some feeds in the wilderness of the Internet. Probably the most read of those is on my Facebook. Part of me wishes I had thought to do that earlier, as there is some stuff from the early days that I think gets overlooked. In fact, let me link some of it!
- The very first ongoing feature on this blog was my review of the Japanese DVD box set Toei Tokusatsu Hero THE MOVIE BOX. You can read those entries with these links.
- Some words of wisdom about comic book continuity, from one of the men who created it.
- Appreciations of the work of Bob Haney, Noboru Sugimura, and Dick Dillin.
- BATMAN SAVED BY CHEESE!
- The story of how I almost helped found Power Rangers fandom.
- The question of "Who Made Sentai?" is answered, perhaps surprisingly.
- You might be a Japanese superhero if...
And those are just a few of the highlights of the first three months of the blog. So, check out the archives, and see what I have to offer. Thanks for reading this past year. I'll do my best to keep this up as long as possible.