I'm on a mission to find 60's-70's rock tunes for [the Koala], any suggestions of your faves? Either side of the Atlantic is fair game.Well, that time period and genre is right up my musical alley. There was, however, the slight hitch that Kabu is a lot more versed in the so-called "classic rock" period than your average 20-something female in 2010. I mean, we met through a mutual love of Blue Öyster Cult, and she has an undisguised affection for bands like Traffic and Uriah Heep. So to find rock tunes from that era that were new to her, I would have to dig a little deeper into the vaults of my mind.
I wound up posting nine songs, guessing that at least some would fit the bill. Afterward, I started musing that this would be a great list to put on the blog, too. To spice things up, I added four "bonus tracks" that were not in my original suggestions. That is entirely due to the fact that I did not think of them at the time.
This is by no means a complete or ordered list of anything, and I reserve the right to discuss any of these in the future. But for now, here are 13 cool songs you should check out!
- The Raspberries - "Go All The Way"
- Dwight Twilley Band - "I'm On Fire"
- The Crazy World of Arthur Brown - "Fire"
- Captain Beefheart & The Magic Band - "Diddy Wah Diddy"
- Commander Cody and his Lost Planet Airmen - "Hot Rod Lincoln"
- Steppenwolf - "Sookie Sookie"
- ? and the Mysterians - "96 Tears"
- Sir Douglas Quintet - "She's About A Mover"
- Los Bravos - "Black Is Black"
- Nick Lowe - "Crackin' Up"
- Grand Funk Railroad - "Bad Time"
- Spirit - "Fresh Garbage"
- Spirit - "I Got A Line On You"