Sunday, January 9, 2011

Apparently, I'm Not As Jaded As I Thought

This past Thursday, I had reason to travel from that major metropolis of Lake Charles to that even more major metropolis of Lafayette. Today, I will share with you an observation I made during the trip.

The bulk of my journey was on Interstate-10. This section of I-10 is not especially remarkable as interstates go. However, there are two adult bookstores between the LC and Lafayette at Exits 72 and 80. I remember this mainly because of the plethora of signs along the way reminding me of this pair of jokers. Each of these adult stores are located essentially in the middle of nowhere (except for their proximity to the highway), and both are open 24 hours a day. I don't know about you, but this is not a recipe for encouraging me to drop in and check things out - especially after dark. The guy dancing in the truckstop restroom at 10:45 PM was bad enough, thanks.

The copious signage for Exit 80's store promised among other luxuries that it had "60 viewing rooms". Permit me to recreate for you my internal monologue as I passed this fine establishment:

"Wait, that building doesn't look big enough to have 60 roo...Oh. Oh."

Clearly, I do not think enough like a filthy, disgusting pervert. That's good to know.

No comments:

Post a Comment