Wednesday, February 9, 2011

"Scorpio"

Can a white guy get down and funky with the best of them? Before you answer that, give a listen to "Scorpio" by Dennis Coffey and the Detroit Guitar Band. Then tell me what you think.

I latched onto instrumental rock and soul during 2010 as something worth further investigation, and "Scorpio" was one of the discoveries I made during the process. I'd never heard of Dennis Coffey, and didn't realize he had been a session musician for Motown. I sure didn't know that he had done the theme song for the movie BLACK BELT JONES, and I've actually seen it. But you can bet I know that stuff now.

Like "Scorpio"? Why not check out Dennis Coffey's website? The man has a new album due out in a few months! I'll just bet it will smokin'!

No comments:

Post a Comment