Saturday, July 23, 2011

Dirty, Filthy Zombies

I am not, as a rule, a zombie fan. Sorry, just not my bag. However, there is at least one zombie thing that I've always loved. That's pretty astounding when you consider I only saw it once and then it disappeared forever.

According to sources, it was the December 9, 1989 episode of Saturday Night Live. Robert Wagner was the guest host, and there was one sketch in particular from that show that burned itself into my cerebral cortex. However, I never saw it again, and it seemed as if I was the only person who remembered it.

Well, I'm not. Turns out, the sketch supposedly made advertisers nervous and some pulled out. Not sure if THAT part is true or not, but I get the feeling that the assertion it was barred from ever being broadcast again is fact. There's also the meaningless to most everyone at the time revelation that the sketch was written by Conan O'Brien. Y'know, knowing what I know now? I see it.

You can, too. Someone uploaded it onto Funny Or Die. The sound isn't the greatest, but what can you do? It still holds up pretty well, but fair warning - this is probably both NSFW and not something for those easily offended. Yes, even though it was on network television over 20 years ago.

One of my favorite SNL sketches of all!

No comments:

Post a Comment