Friday, July 6, 2012

The Mr. Metal Prize!


This entry has been a long time in coming - nearly a month, as it turns out. To explain, due to circumstances, my man Lewis Smith declared ALL the entries in the 2012 edition of his fanart contest winners. That meant that everyone earned a first place prize of a color piece of art.

Well. I've never gone into these contests with the idea that I might WIN, so this took a bit of thinking. I decided to ask for Mr. Metal, a character inspired in a roundabout fashion by Iron Man (a favorite of Lewis'). Plus, given the nature of Mr. Metal's origin, I elected to give Lewis the opportunity to modify the suit if he wanted.

I am thrilled with the results, and definitely will be taking this design into consideration in the future when Mr. Metal gets another turn in the spotlight. I'm only sorry it's taken me so long to feature this piece, but consider that oversight officially rectified!

No comments:

Post a Comment