I can't do anything about the latter issue, but the dozing off really bothers me. As I see it, it arises not only from my still being sleepy, but also from my lack of anything other than the radio to focus my attention. Well, I recently linked my Twitter account to my phone, and I had a brainstorm. Why not livetweet AT40 - The 70's to keep my mind active? This past weekend, I did just that.
I livetweeted the show on both Saturday and Sunday, so what follows is a combination of both airings into a single timeline. The program in question was originally from the weekend of October 7, 1972. I was not even 3 months old at the time.
Now, on with the countdown!
- 9:18 AM - How many times did Casey Kasem tell the story of Joe Cocker getting bottles thrown at him?
- 9:20 AM - Also, this is one strange version of Midnight Rider.
- 9:27 AM - I swear the Bee Gees are on every one of these shows.
- 9:41 AM - Hey, a citation for the story of how the Eagles decided on their name!
- 9:48 AM - Elton John & 'redneck ways' - quite the contrast there.
- 10:24 AM - We have an Arlo Guthrie sighting on AT40: The 70s!
- 10:26 AM - Get on the good foot!
- 10:43 AM - 'Think of me & try not to laugh.' Oh Rod Stewart, I don't know if that's possible.
- 10:44 AM - Ricky Nelson had a black belt?
- 10:51 AM - It is very jarring to hear Rick Springfield on a 1972 show.
- 11:22 AM - Popcorn & My Ding-a-ling back to back. Did I program this show?
- 11:26 AM - Elviiiiiis! He's a hunka hunka burning love!
- 11:38 AM - The Raspberries justify being late for work. Go all the way!
I had a lot of fun doing this, and it kept me alert though the whole show on Sunday. Hopefully, I can make it a semi-regular thing. Keep watching the Internet!