Friday, September 14, 2012

BENT, a short film by Amy Jo Johnson

For reasons which will become abundantly clear soon enough, I found myself wondering recently what Amy Jo Johnson was doing these days. I'm pretty bad on keeping up with these sort of things -- or at least I was, until the magic of social media. It took a little looking around, but I discovered Amy Jo - the real Amy Jo, that is - on Twitter and Facebook. I also discovered something very cool.

By sheer coincidence (maybe?), my decision to look up Amy Jo Johnson happened while she is in the middle of raising money for a special project. That project is BENT, as you probably surmised from the title of this entry. She is the writer, director, and one of the stars. The trick is that making even a short film isn't cheap. That's where the campaign comes in.

Would you like to contribute to help make Amy Jo Johnson's film a reality? Of course you would. Here is the campaign page for BENT on Indiegogo. Amy Jo has made it to over 50% of her goal, but there's only a limited amount of time. To sweeten the pot, there's plenty of perks for those who contribute. At the very least, you could get your name included in the closing credits. Nice, eh?

Check out the page, watch the video, look at the Twitter and Facebook accounts. Then, maybe shell out some dough? I just did, so I'm not asking you to do anything I wouldn't! Let's see BENT get made!

No comments:

Post a Comment