Saturday, September 10, 2011

Black Sun!

As you may have noticed, the tokusatsu (Japanese sci-fi) content has been pretty light in an enterprise originally conceived to showcase such material. There are several reasons for this, but the main one is that I tend to write on subjects where my current interest lies or where I unearth something potentially interesting. There have been less opportunities regarding tokusatsu, and thus less coverage. I am sure the pendulum will swing in another direction eventually, but for now, I'm just following my muse.

But wait! I know a blog that has a great deal of coverage of Japanese stuff, and it's one I have not promoted nearly as much as I should. That would be Roy Ware's Black Sun! If you've never read his blog before, I think this entry is as good a starting point as any. You may notice your humble OWARI blogger making the case that Roy pretty much changed his life back in a far simpler, pre-Internet age. It's true, and I will forever be grateful to him - even if we never did agree on the merits of those early episodes of MIGHTY MORPHIN POWER RANGERS.

2 comments:

  1. Thanks Brother I appreciate it!!! I was just catching up on blogs and I saw this. ....and I just corrected a type-o.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You're welcome! Onward and upward with Black Sun!

    ReplyDelete