Tuesday, September 13, 2011

Not The Starship Song

So, recently I've had the chance to review some of the twists and turns of my recent past with a more dispassionate eye. I mean, when someone asks you about their situation based on your experiences, it behooves you to try to be somewhat objective. At least, that's what I think.

And the result is that, while I have no desire to revisit the past, I don't regret for one second the unlikely chances that I took for a couple of years there. It all could have blown up in my face at any moment, and I guess it eventually did. Still, those were risks that were worth taking.

I didn't go into any of that with a plan, which is pretty obvious in retrospect. If I had, I suppose I wouldn't have done it at all. But it was all about living in the moment, and I still believe that was the right choice.

Would I do it all again, knowing what I know now? Yeah. It's not something I plan to repeat in such a fashion, but I wouldn't change what transpired. If I could change anything, I'd rewrite the inevitable ending into something a touch more elegant. But even then, it still would've ended. And I can accept that now.

Y'know, I was going to disallow comment for this, but screw it. I know, vague post is vague, but we'll just let it stand.

No comments:

Post a Comment