Monday, February 18, 2013

Girago by goghcase


I have mentioned Casie aka "goghcase" here in the past, but I am not sure if her art had ever come up. Well, for the record, I think Casie is an amazing artist. If you'd like a sample, you should visit her gallery. And that is JUST a sample of the kind of cool things she does on a regular basis.

Since I have been following Casie on Twitter, I have eyed her wonderfully quirky artwork and thought that it would be just perfect for my group of characters. So recently, I invited her to draw anybody from the Owariverse cast. I didn't ask her to tell me, so I was just as surprised and delighted as you were to see Girago when she finished. He absolutely embodies the Kirbyish "Marvel Monster" quality I had envisioned for Girago. As she explained it, "I'm always drawn to green guys!"

My scan of this piece of artwork doesn't fully do justice to it. Suffice to say, I am pleased to be the first(?!) person to commission Casie as an artist. She did a stellar job on Girago, and beautifully captured exactly the sort of feel I strive for in my universe. Thanks Casie! You're tops!

No comments:

Post a Comment