Thursday, May 23, 2013

Knight Watchman: Graveyard Shift - A Review

Well, this is funny. I got my copy of Knight Watchman: Graveyard Shift from the fine folks at Pulp 2.0 Press not very long ago. I have been thinking, "Y'know, I ought to review that." Tonight was going to be the night I did.

One problem - in looking back, I said pretty much everything I wanted to say about the story in this January entry. Huh. Now what? Well, I could always tell you if this new collection does the story justice and is worth your hard-earned money. So I will.

Yes, yes it is. If you are unfamiliar with Pulp 2.0's books, let me assure you that it stands proudly alongside collections published by major comics groups. Maybe it's even better than some of them (no names, please!). Design, binding, and paper stock are all top-notch. The reproduction of the art loses nothing from the original comics. It's a quality product, and you can order it with confidence. I would say that even if I didn't get name checked in the text feature.

...But yes, I am name checked in the text feature. Thanks Bill! And thank you to Gary, Chris, and Ben for putting together such a wonderful story that still entertains after all these years.

No comments:

Post a Comment