Sunday, May 19, 2013

The Legend of Jimmy Page

Jimmy Page of Led Zeppelin fame is considered one of the greatest guitarists ever. How great? Great enough to be mentioned in utter reverence in two wildly different songs.



In the Beastie Boys song "The New Style", the declaration is made unequivocally - "If I played guitar, I'd be Jimmy Page!" In other words, the absolute best.



"AM Radio" by Everclear may up the ante just a bit. Art Alexakis says: "I dreamed that Jimmy Page would come to Santa Monica and teach me to play!" That's a pretty powerful endorsement, right?

What is my point? Well, now I am wondering - are there other examples of this? Can any of you readers think of other songs that mention Jimmy Page? Leave a comment here or on my Twitter or Facebook feeds for this entry if you do!

No comments:

Post a Comment