Tuesday, May 7, 2013

Ray Harryhausen

Something did come up. Sadly, that "something" turns out to be the death of Ray Harryhausen at the age of 92. It's hard to call it a shock - the man was 92, after all - but that doesn't make it any less of a loss.

If you have bothered to read this blog, I imagine you know who Ray Harryhausen is. If you don't, here's an obituary that will give the details. For me personally, though I can't call his work among my biggest influences, they were undeniably influences on the formation of my imagination. Stuff from the likes of EARTH VS. THE FLYING SAUCERS, MYSTERIOUS ISLAND, and CLASH OF THE TITANS still bounces around inside my head to this day.

I am sure many other people will say it better, but rest in peace, Ray Harryhausen. The world really won't see your kind ever again.

No comments:

Post a Comment