Tuesday, May 28, 2013

The Incredible Petrified World

I once said to pal David McRobie "Life is too short to be watching Jerry Warren movies." So why did I watch THE INCREDIBLE PETRIFIED WORLD, produced and directed by Jerry Warren? I dunno - because it was there? I think it somehow manages to be the only Warren film in all the movie sets I've recently purchased. It has been a few years since I endured the twin wonders of THE WILD WORLD OF BATWOMAN and FRANKENSTEIN ISLAND, so I was feeling charitable.

Ooof. How did Jerry Warren ever convince anyone to give him money to make even one movie, much less almost a dozen? That was what I said on Twitter after starting this sucker. I waved the white flag later in the day, but then girded my loins and somehow finished the movie.

The amazing thing about this movie is that it is a big pile of nothing. If it was any more nothing, it might cease to exist entirely. Pretty dull stuff all the way around, and a waste of some interesting performers. It's not even as good as this trailer.



The best thing I can say about THE INCREDIBLE PETRIFIED WORLD is that it is short. At only about 64 minutes, it's not that much of a chore. But don't mistake this for a recommendation. So much boredom could possibly be lethal.

No comments:

Post a Comment