Wednesday, January 2, 2013

"Continued Next Week!" No More?

As you may have noticed (or more likely, didn't notice at all), I have been silent about my movie serial image blog "Continued Next Week!" for the last month or so. It has even disappeared from my sidebar links a couple of times. The reason is simple: I have lost my enthusiasm for maintaining such a project.

I resisted the urge to go overboard on this blog, reasoning that it would be a surefire path to burning myself out on it. What I didn't anticipate was that even searching for the images would have the same effect. One afternoon, something snapped while I was looking at pictures and I thought, "I can't do this anymore." I kept up a token presence for a time, and more recently have been updating it on an occasional basis.

Tonight, I am officially throwing in the towel - with a qualification. I'm not actively going to seek out images for that blog anymore. However, if something interesting that fits the theme happens to stroll across my screen, sure, I'll probably reblog it there. I just won't be trying to keep a schedule of even a single post a month.

I'm not deleting the serial blog. I've learned that you can re-register names on Tumblr, and I don't relish the thought of someone claiming the URL out from under me if I change my mind. Besides, I can't see any possible benefit of getting rid of it. It has a lot of cool pictures, even if I've lost my passion for it at the moment. I think I'll just let it sit off in its corner, much like my near-forgotten comic book blog "Earth B."

I spent the better part of 2012 wrestling with how to deal with Tumblr, and I think I've got a handle on it. I'm planning to continue my primary account OWARI 2.0 and the ever-popular Pictures of Naomi Morinaga. The former will probably be regularly updated, though definitely not as much as it was this past summer; the latter will update when the mood strikes me. I have more or less come to terms with my status as a "go-to" on the 'net for Naomi.

And, uh, that's my Tumblr status for the moment. Hold that applause.

No comments:

Post a Comment