Friday, January 11, 2019

Wandering Kotka


Wandering Kotka

AKA: WanderingKotka, wandering-kotka, kabukikatze, Kabuki Katze, dallyingcat, and probably others

I am grateful to all the guest artists whose talents you will see here. Their work on commissions and/or gift art brings these characters to life in a way my crude sketches never could. Many of them are friends as well. But there is one whose presence looms larger in the Owariverse than anyone else except yours truly. That artist is Wandering Kotka.

I met Kotka online in 2004, and we were collaborating just a few months later. She first drew one of my original Captain Satellite characters in 2005, but it was 2010 when her contributions grew to the point where they directly influenced the world I was creating. No one has drawn more Captain Satellite-related content than Kotka besides the present author, and she has even been called on to design a number of characters that otherwise existed only inside my head and in words I had written. I cannot imagine what this project would look like without Kotka's art and her tireless support of my flights of fancy.

Now that I've told you about Kotka the artist, let me tell you a little about Kotka the person. Her generosity, good humor, and general thoughtfulness never fail to bring a smile to my face. I'm very thankful I chose to get in touch with her when I did. Though we have only met in real life once to date, I consider her one of my best friends. And to think, we owe it all to Blue Öyster Cult. No, really!

Kotka's whereabouts can fluctuate depending on her mood, but you can always find her at http://wanderingkotka.com/.

Mascot image used with permission, © Wandering Kotka.

No comments:

Post a Comment