Friday, August 23, 2013

Intro To Blue Oyster Cult: Godzilla Bash '94

In our discussion of all things Blue Oyster Cult during our little blog crossover, Kabuki Katze mentioned in a comment that she first became interested in BOC through reading about the song "Black Blade" and its Michael Moorcock connection. Now, oddly enough, I have a similar story. However, it was not Moorcock that brought me to BOC. It was instead the King of the Monsters.



I feel pretty positive that the big intro here for "Godzilla Bash '94" on TNT MONSTERVISION was also my intro to the Blue Oyster Cult song "Godzilla". Listening to it now, it's pretty obvious to me that it's not the original. I have the strong suspicion that it's the remake BOC themselves did for Cult Classic. That album came out in 1994, so the timing seems right. The music sounds too polished to just be anonymous hacks, but I haven't made the effort to dig out the CD to discover the truth. Maybe one day.

Seeing these again also reminds me how great MONSTERVISION was, and how much poorer we are as a world now that it's gone.

No comments:

Post a Comment