Wednesday, March 30, 2011

Once Bitten, Twice Shy

I was listening to the radio the other night when Great White's "Once Bitten, Twice Shy" started playing. I've always found that song confusing, because my opinion of Great White is that they were really nothing special. However, I couldn't deny that "Once Bitten, Twice Shy" was a great song. How did they pull that off?

When the song ended, the D.J. mentioned that it was a "cover of the Ian Hunter song", and it sounded a whole lot like he wished he had been playing that one instead. Wait, Ian Hunter? Former lead singer of Mott The Hoople Ian Hunter? "Cleveland Rocks" Ian Hunter? Yes, that Ian Hunter. But not just Ian Hunter. Mick Ronson, too. The same Mick Ronson who is considered one of the truly great guitar players.

I found the Hunter/Ronson "Once Bitten, Twice Shy" on Youtube, and well...Ronson's solo alone probably blows away anything any member of Great White ever did in their musical careers.


"Once Bitten, Twice Shy" - for real!

Frankly, I don't need to hear Great White's version ever again.

No comments:

Post a Comment