Wednesday, June 26, 2013

Dr. David's Surprise Post

My mind has been in other places recently, so posting has been light. I haven't even found the time to pull in some older entries from the bullpen and add them to the blog. It'll happen, but I'm not sure when just yet.

Meanwhile, I was surprised to find this touching post on my pal David McRobie's Xenorama. To fill in the details, I'm pretty sure I got to know David via a recommendation from Dan Reed of the much-missed fanzine KAIJU REVIEW. Was it 1993 or 1994? I think maybe the latter, but time has a way of playing tricks on the old memory.

I don't know if all those compliments David heaps on me are true or not, but I really do appreciate them. David's also a very good man, and a good friend. At times when I felt like my spark of creativity was completely extinguished, XENORAMA was the place where I always could count on finding a home. It was like pulling teeth at times, but I was always able to put together something for him. I'm proud of that.

Speaking of XENORAMA (the fanzine), it looks like it will be returning very, very soon. Not sure about you guys, but I can't wait to read it!

Thanks David. It all seems like yesterday to me.

1 comment:

  1. it was yesterday, and I'm only barely close to 30.

    the zine will be available as soon as the cover is done!

    ReplyDelete