Saturday, June 15, 2013

Spoon!

I'm going to do another one of these obscure musically-themed posts, even though I rarely get any response to them. It can't hurt to try!

One of my special favorite bits of trivia that I like to throw out is that I think the 1970s had more songs mentioning spoons than any other decade. I think you can guess why, though perhaps you shouldn't read any further if you can't. Offhand, I can think of at least three:

  • Fleetwood Mac - "Gold Dust Woman" ("Take your silver spoon / And dig your grave")
  • Billy Joel - "Big Shot" ("You had the Dom Perignon in your hand / And the spoon up your nose")
  • Lynyrd Skynyrd - "The Needle and the Spoon" (...kinda self-explanatory, yeah?)

Your challenge - cite other songs mentioning spoons, from any decade.

Go.

1 comment: