Saturday, July 27, 2013

Why We Can't Have Nice Things

On July 26th, 2013, a movie titled THE TO DO LIST opened. It stars Aubrey Plaza, and I happen to be a fan of her. I decided I wanted to check this movie out, especially since I have an easy window to do so on Sunday.

Well, the joke is on me, because THE TO DO LIST isn't playing locally. There are twenty-four screens in this town, but not one of them can be spared for even a single showing of the movie I want to see. Oh, but there's plenty of room for both regular and 3-D showings of many of the SAME films. Did I mention that I hate 3-D?

The closest theater exhibiting THE TO DO LIST is in Baton Rouge, as near as I can tell. I'm sorry, but I'm not driving two hours to see any movie unless it's a special, change-my-life experience. So I guess I will miss out on THE TO DO LIST until it comes out on disc, even though I was willing and able to see it in a theater. GOOD JOB!

The official site for the movie is here.

2 comments:

  1. ask one of your local theaters to get it. they are open to such things.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I still refuse to believe Aubrey Plaza is a person and not a strip mall.

    ReplyDelete