Sunday, June 1, 2014

It Ain't Over 'Til It's Over

Considering I have spent far too much time blogging about why I'm not blogging, I have been struggling with this post and this decision for awhile. May was kind of a tipping point for me in a lot of ways, and it has caused me to re-evaluate what I'm doing here and why. So let's just get to it.

Going forward, this blog is going to be updated sporadically at best. I'm going to try to post at least once a month - I mean, I usually find something I need to talk about at length. There may be more than one post. It's all going to depend on my feelings and time, not because of any responsibility I feel to fill this blog with fresh content.

There are still plenty of topics to discuss and explore. I still want and (dare I say it?) need to blog sometimes. But I've let myself become imprisoned by the notion I needed to have something here, even when I don't feel like it. And as of right this second, I don't feel like it. I'm tired and dealing with a lot of real life things that could very well shape my future. Sitting down and trying to figure out how to compose a semi-coherent blog entry is not a high priority right now.

I love this blog. I love doing this blog. And I'm sorry to all the people who follow this blog about the fact that it's been sort of spiraling down the last few months. I think an occasional burst of blogging is better than closing this place entirely. Don't you?

If you'd like to keep up with my public flights of fancy, there's always Twitter. I'm also still doing image blogging at OWARI 2.0 and Continued Next Week! when the mood strikes.

I appreciate all of you who read and follow this blog. Remember, it's not an end, but a new beginning.

No comments:

Post a Comment