Wednesday, July 8, 2009

Cult Rockers

As a public service to you, my faithful readers, I present one of my favorite books for those brief moments when you just need to be alone (don't make me say it) :

CULT ROCKERS

This is one of the many books I purchased at the much-missed Book Warehouse in Iowa, LA. Though it has totally ruined me with some of its peculiar phrasings, I find it wonderful reading - particularly in small doses. It's in no way a complete catalog, but it doesn't claim to be. It's more like an informal survey of a lot of different kinds of musicians. Most aren't household names, though some are. I mean, you can't do a book like this and not have the Grateful Dead get coverage. But for every act you might know, there's an obscure punk band or a guitar hero who doesn't get a lot of press. It's a fun book, and worth picking up for a few dollars.

No comments:

Post a Comment