Sunday, October 18, 2009

Find China

I have never been to China Grove, Texas, but I wouldn't mind being able to claim that I have. My worry is that it either has changed a lot since the heyday of the Doobie Brothers, or that they took some artistic license in their famous tune. If I do visit China Grove, I want the sheriff and his buddies to be singing a samurai song.

I have, however, been to China, Texas. It is not down around San Antonio, but rather outside of Beaumont. Not a bad little hamlet by any means, but they weren't really looking to the East there. At least not as far as I could tell.

Interestingly enough, if you're traveling U.S. 90 westbound out of Beaumont, you will see a road sign that reads "China 9, Liberty 37". No one but me seems to think this is cool.

No comments:

Post a Comment