Friday, October 23, 2009

Two Titans Team-Up

If you're a comic book fan, you might have heard that George Tuska passed away last week at the age of 93. He had a long career in the industry, and drew a ton of comics. I really liked his work.

For a time in the late 1970s, Tuska drew World's Finest Comics as scripted by Bob Haney. I've made no secret of my affection for Haney's writing over the years, so I get a kick out of revisiting these old comics. One in particular caught my eye, and that was issue #251 (June-July 1978). I've been meaning to post these panels for ages, and paying tribute to Mr. Haney and Mr. Tuska simultaneously with them feels right. And the fact that the inking is by Vince Colletta actually sort of adds to that.

I should mention that there's a chance this dialogue was rewritten by someone. But I don't think so, and really, I hope not.

Et tu, Batman?

Et tu, Batman?



Oh snap!

Oh snap!



Thanks for the memories, Bob and George.

No comments:

Post a Comment