Monday, December 28, 2009

ROJ Will Return In 2010

Honest.

I can't call 2009 a wasted year in terms of my long-suffering website www.returnofjetman.com, but it wasn't everything it could have been. A new episode premiered in March, there have been a couple of new sets of Production Notes, and there were several new art pieces by my amazing contributors. Oh yeah, I would have totally taken that at this time last year. But...I wanted more. There could've been more. Unfortunately, every time I got into a groove, I promptly got out of it. Very unsatisfying.

As I felt compelled to announce on the site itself nearly four (!) years ago, I didn't start this to not see it through to a finish. There is an ending, and I'm currently staring it right in the eye. Given that 2010 will be the 15th anniversary of the creation of ROJ, I have a little extra incentive to get on the stick and do this thing.

There are elements of the 7th episode already completed. With determination and perhaps a little luck, we'll have seen the finished product by this time next year. The site itself will probably always be a work-in-progress, but it's way past time for the narrative to reach a conclusion.

Thanks to all the people who have lent their talents to building ROJ, and of course, the readers who enjoy it. As I work on my little corner of the Internet, might I suggest supporting the real thing if you haven't already?

No comments:

Post a Comment