Sunday, May 29, 2011

Pieces o' Pieces

How in the world did my pal Ronnie Burton and I get to discussing PIECES the other night? God knows. But we were, and this prompted me to look up a couple of clips on Youtube. Don't worry, they aren't gory. It's funny - for a movie I have never seen (and WILL never see), I have a strong memory of PIECES.




Specifically, this ad. Now, I heard it as a radio spot, but I am dead certain it was the exact same audio. The phrases "You don't have to go to Texas for a chainsaw massacre!" and "Absolutely no one under 17 will be admitted!" have been lodged in my brain ever since that day, so I guess you can call it a good campaign. And in case you are wondering - yes, PIECES did play theatrically in Lake Charles, LA. I am relatively certain it was at the old Prien Lake Mall Cinema. I think they were also the ones who booked HOUSE BY THE CEMETERY.



Then we have this bit of nonsense, which I did not know even existed until Ronnie told me about it. That, my friends, is indeed Bruce Le (ONE "E"!) making a pointless cameo in PIECES. The IMDB claims this came about because Le was shooting a martial arts movie in Rome for producer Dick Randall. That is all well and good, but the cameo absolutely defies logic by anyone's standards. I realize this is frequently not important in such movies, but this is somehow even worse than usual.

Please make special note of the lame-o "explanation" and ridiculous voice given to Bruce Le. It's like they weren't even trying.

No comments:

Post a Comment