Friday, January 3, 2014

Packet Man



I was listening to my Digital Underground collection today, and marveled at something that's not immediately obvious unless you know the story of Digital Underground in any depth. I wrote about that over here, so go read it if you need a refresher.

Back? OK, "Packet Man" here basically involves two members of the Underground interacting with each other for most of the song. Shock G is the titular "packet man" (with the "sex packets"), while Humpty Hump is his new "client." Their back and forth dialogue is seamless and they obviously have a lot of chemistry with one another.

Shock G and Humpty Hump are the same person.

I defy you to listen to this song and tell me it is anything less than uncanny. Digital Underground is really terribly underrated in this regard.

No comments:

Post a Comment