Thursday, January 13, 2011

There's A Starman Waiting In The Sky


And by golly, if he doesn't blow your mind, why not?

Here's the rest of my commission order from Sean Moore. I had a greyscale bust coming, but who should be the subject? My thoughts turned to characters primarily seen in B&W and I decided on Japanese superhero Starman (aka Supergiants). My affection for the those crazy movies should be well-known by now.

Sean did an outstanding job on the champion played by Ken Utsui. Plus, it turns out he had never seen any of the Starman films before I asked for the guy. So I'm responsible for him being exposed to those masterpieces. Very cool!

If you'd like to leave Sean some direct feedback, here's the place to do it.

2 comments:

  1. You know, as soon as I saw that thumbnail on dA I wondered if it was you who commissioned it. :)

    The black and white treatment came out fantastically! I could definitely see a Starman comic in this style.

    (Also, I now have "Starman" stuck in my head. SEE WHAT YOU DID?)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Guilty as charged, Officer Kabuki!

    I know! It seemed to really fit, especially after I had seen samples of his greyscale busts.

    Hahaha, so do I!

    ReplyDelete