Monday, March 11, 2013

Super Hero Time!


Spider-Man and Battle Fever J are joined by Doraemon, Kamen Rider Stronger, Ultraman Jonias (“The Ultraman”) and Kamen Rider V3 for Superhero Time at Korakuen Amusement Park, circa 1979.

(via Mondegreenery)

That's the way the post I submitted to the Marvel Age of Comics Tumblr was supposed to look. I didn't realize that HTML was not enabled on the submission screen. When Tom Brevoort published my submission, I am pretty sure I looked like this.


I am grateful to Tom for publishing my submission, and hopefully this entry will make up to Caleb Goellner (the person from whom I got the pic) for botching his link. Meanwhile, why don't you peep out this post of Popy action figures from Will McKenzie? I am pretty sure those are also from 1979, due to the presence of Battle Fever J, Ultraman Joe, and (most tellingly) Eagle Ken. Why do I mention Ken? Because he's branded as being from GATCHAMAN II!

Too bad we couldn't get a Miss America to fill out the Battle Fever J team. Or more Ultras, Riders, and Gatchaman, for that matter.

No comments:

Post a Comment