Friday, September 20, 2013

Our Marathon

I'm not sure how or when I ran across Our Marathon. This explains what it's about better than I could. It's a worthwhile project, to be sure, and I knew someone in particular that I thought would be very interested in it.

My friend Sydney has contributed this piece to Our Marathon. It may look familiar to you, and indeed, it is a slightly revamped version of her story as presented here. It is still just as powerful and moving, but now it will probably be seen by even more people. This makes me very happy for her, because hers is a story that should be heard.

Sydney was recognized recently for her contribution to the site. I'm glad I pointed her in its direction, but all the credit for her work is due to her. I sincerely hope she will continue writing, because I think she has an amazing talent for it to go along with her remarkable resilience.

Props to you, Sydney! Keep on fighting!

No comments:

Post a Comment