Tuesday, September 10, 2013

State of the Owariverse

Taking a timeout here to talk about the world of Captain Satellite and friends. You may not have noticed, but things have been pretty sparse with Cap and company in these parts this year. 2010-2011 was the highlight for my cast of characters, but they more or less held their own in 2012. However, it's only been through the occasional commission or gift art that they've been appearing in 2013.

This is my fault. After shelving my book project for the nonce, it's been difficult to find the time and inspiration for my characters. This is particularly bad, since it has significantly cut down on both my own works and blog entries in general here. Everything suffers when Captain Satellite gets no love.

Well, I have some doodles that I am hoping to scan. That's a start. There's a discussion on the evolution of Captain Satellite that began a year(!) ago that I'd like to continue. And I'd like to write a story before the end of the year, too. But realistically, I'm not sure that's going to happen. I have a couple of lingering projects that demand being finished, and I need to focus on them. Plus, well...I have other things I need to handle, too. But this isn't the place to be getting into that.

This is just a reminder to my readers and to me that Captain Satellite is not dead. The Owariverse is merely dormant, not forgotten.

No comments:

Post a Comment