Tuesday, March 24, 2009

Magical Mystery Mix

Some time ago, I had one of those brilliant ideas that I'll probably never carry out. What if there was a compilation of nothing but songs with "magic" in the title? Think about it. It would have tons of star power and be quite eclectic.

Here's my preliminary track list :

01)The Beatles - "Magical Mystery Tour"
02)America - "You Can Do Magic"
03)The Cars - "Magic"
04)Electric Light Orchestra - "Strange Magic"
05)Heart - "Magic Man"
06)The Lovin' Spoonful - "Do You Believe In Magic"
07)Olivia Newton-John - "Magic"
08)Peter, Paul, and Mary - "Puff The Magic Dragon"
09)Pilot - "Magic"
10)The Police - "Every Little Thing She Does Is Magic"
11)Santana - "Gypsy Queen/Black Magic Woman"
12)Steppenwolf - "Magic Carpet Ride"
13)Triumph - "Magic Power"
14)The Who - "Magic Bus"
BONUS TRACKS
15)Focus - "Hocus Pocus"
16)Steve Miller Band - "Abracadabra"

Can you think of any more? All I need is reasonably well-known songs from reasonably well-known artists. Oh, and I'm not sure about "witches" for this exercise. I know of at least three off the top of my head that aren't novelty songs : Donovan's "Season Of The Witch", Redbone's "The Witch Queen Of New Orleans" and the Eagles "Witchy Woman". I'll take suggestions on those, too.

No comments:

Post a Comment