Saturday, June 25, 2011

"Have A Smokin' Hot Birthday!" by Sara Duffield (2009)


No, it's not my birthday today. That's July 25. This is just the day when we spotlight more vintage Owariverse art. Some of you may recall that I linked to this picture by Sara Duffield back when I posted my 2009 birthday pic for her in response. Well, that was fantastic, but I thought it would be a shame to not post this piece here.

Sara was definitely trying new things in 2009, and you can see the different approach she took in July as compared to the sketch from January of that same year. Personally, I loved her experimentation with proportions and coloring, and the roughness she brought to this picture. It brightened my birthday considerably.

This is the last picture to date Sara has done of my cast of characters - at least, for public consumption. I wouldn't be surprised if some of them have been cavorting through her sketchbooks over the last two years. One day, I'm hoping to commission her for a return visit to the Owariverse. I have no doubt it will be epic.

This was intended to be the last installment of this series recapping the Captain Satellite crew's evolution in the hands of other artists. As mentioned back in April 2010, Lordwormm depicted a few of them in multi-character pieces alongside OCs from a wide array of other creators. It doesn't feel right for me to repost those here, although all of them can be seen by clicking the links provided in that entry. So I figured this was the end of the line as far as Cap art that either pre-dated this blog or wasn't posted when it was new.

As it turns out, I was wrong. I have TWO additional pieces to showcase in this series. However, you'll have to wait until tomorrow to see the artifacts I've unearthed. I know, so mean.

No comments:

Post a Comment